Web Application Developer (PHP)
eHungry is looking for an experienced PHP Web Application Developer located in the United States or Canada to help us improve and expand our online ordering platform for restaurants.
At eHungry, we work with thousands of restaurants around the United States and Canada providing a way for customers to order online for takeout, delivery and more. We're a small, yet profitable company run by a team that loves food + technology. As a Web Application Developer, you will work directly on our most important Web and mobile applications that are used by millions of people every year (and a few animals that have learned to type).
Our technology stack includes PHP 7 (mostly vanilla), MariaDB, Redis, React and a lot of APIs. We regularly use Clubhouse, GitHub, Slack, Splunk and other tools to keep things moving forward. (Except when we use Reddit, which seems to move things backwards.) We are a 100% remote company -- some living more remote than others.
What you'll do:
• Architect and implement new features and functionality for the online ordering Web and mobile applications (we've got a backlog of exciting projects we want to accomplish)
• Investigate and fix bugs that like to pop up periodically so we can make our restaurants and customers happy (although it's less fun, this stuff usually takes priority)
• Collaborate with a cool virtual team (by cool, we mean cold because some of us live pretty far north)
• Help build and maintain the application with a few other awesome developers so it can properly take and send orders (which means whenever you have questions, you'll get the answers you need -- or at least made up answers that sound pretty good)
What we're looking for:
• Top notch PHP development that only rarely blows up the system
• Excellent at jumping into large existing applications with lots of legacy custom code
• Pretty great at being self-motivated (we don't micro-manage) and consistent in your work
• Good at managing your development tasks as well as providing clear communication and expectations
• OK at making balloon animals
• Big plus if you have background in e-commerce applications
What we offer:
• Competitive pay and bonuses
• An exciting and challenging job where you can build new skills
• Opportunity to convert from contract to employee (depending on location)
• Ability to play an important role in the company
• Work/life balance (we're a strong believer in it)
• Work remotely (well, really you have no other choice)
• eHungry swag (<-- we know this is the real reason you want the job)
• And lots more! (This is just to sound bigger than we really are)
eHungry is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send a cover letter, resume and examples of your PHP code (e.g., a Github link or samples attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org