Web Developer (PHP)
eHungry is looking for a full-time, experienced PHP Web Developer to help us improve and expand our online ordering platform for restaurants.
At eHungry, we work with thousands of restaurants around the United States and Canada (and more countries soon) providing online ordering for their customers. We're a small, yet profitable company run by a team that loves food + technology. As a Web Developer, you will work directly on our most important Web and mobile applications that are used by millions of people every year.
Our technology stack includes custom PHP 7, MariaDB, Redis, React and a lot of APIs. We regularly use Clubhouse, Github, Slack, Splunk and other tools to keep things moving forward.
Responsibilities include architecting and implementing new features and functionality for the online ordering Web application, as well as investigating and fixing issues that pop up. While the projects are mostly independent, you’ll be joining a development team that’s been working on the platform for years. So whenever you have questions, you’ll get the answers you need (or at least, answers that sound pretty good).
What we're looking for:
• Top notch PHP development that only rarely blows up the system
• Excellent at jumping into large existing applications with lots of legacy custom code
• Pretty great at being self-motivated (we don't micro-manage) and consistent in your work
• Good at managing your development tasks as well as clear communication
• OK at making balloon animals
• Big plus if you have background in e-commerce applications
What we offer:
• An exciting and challenging job where you can build new skills
• Employee or freelance, both are possible
• Ability to play an important role in the company
• Competitive pay, negotiable depending on skills and experience
• Quarterly bonuses
• Flexible work/life balance
• Work remotely (well, really you have no other choice)
• eHungry swag
• And more!
eHungry is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send a cover letter, resume and examples of your PHP code (e.g., a Github link or samples attached) to email@example.com